- Deep Materials: Perspectives on data-driven materials research -
Monday 10.09.2018 - Friday 14.09.2018
DRESDEN | Germany
Innovative materials are one of the key technologies for keeping pro- ducts and industrial processes economically competitive and ecologi- cally sustainable. Modern materials science requires a multi-discipline approach embracing chemistry, physics, engineering, as well as data science. This summer school will provide an overview of current deve- lopments in data-driven materials science – with a particular focus on Machine Learning and modern numerical approaches – and will offer a platform for discussions about future perspectives.
The summer school targets Master students, PhD students and (early-stage) Postdocs interested in or woking on topics related to machine learning and data driven materials science. For excellent students, up to 10 all-inclusive grants (travel support, accommodation, participation) will be available. Deadline for the applications is June 19th.
Preliminary list of speakers
- Prof. Jörg Behler (Universität Göttingen)
- Prof. Cecilia Clementi (Rice University) - t.b.c
- Prof. Stefano Curtarolo (Duke University) - t.b.c.
- Prof. Christian Gamrat (CEA) - t.b.c.
- Dr. Amber Geurts (Aalto University)
- Prof. Nicola Marzari (EPFL)
- Dr. Pasquale Pavone (HU Berlin and NOMAD)
- Prof. John Parkhill (Notre Dame University) - t.b.c.
- Dr. Daniel Urban (Fraunhofer IWM, Freiburg)
The summer school targets Master students, PhD students and early-stage post-docs working on or interested in computational materials science or topics related to machine learning and data driven materials science. To apply for the school the following documents are needed
- cover letter motivating your participation in the school
- short CV with list of publications (if any)
- at least one reference letter from your supervisor
- title and abstract of scientific contribution (poster or contributed talk)
With your application you will automatically be considered for the all-inclusive travel grant. The grantees will be announced in July.
The summer school will take place on the main campus of TUD.